St. Stephen's Sunday Supper
St. Stephen's Sunday Supper is a free hot meal served from 1 - 2 PM on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Sunday of each month. The meal is run by volunteers and open to everyone. This community meal strengthens our bond with the neighborhood, helps us to get to know our neighbors personally and allows us to better understand community needs. In addition to the meal, we provide a bag of food for each guest which usually includes items not covered by SNAP and snacks for adults. Additional food is provided for children to take home that includes small meals, healthy snacks, juice and milk. Fresh produce is provided weekly for our guests to take home. During the growing season, some of this produce comes from several neighborhood community gardens.
Continuing ministries in addition to the meal:
- A book shelf with free books for all ages.
- New hats and gloves in the winter.
- An extra gift for our guests at Christmas.
- Blood pressure screenings are conducted once a month.
- Mending Ministry
For information or to volunteer, contact the church office at 328-0856 or email@example.com.
Donation of these items is always welcome!
- Toilet paper (Individually wrapped preferred)
- Toothpaste and tooth brushes
- Shampoo, lotion, deodorant
- New winter hats and gloves
- Canned meat – tuna or chicken
- Peanut butter
- Soup - any variety
- Pasta - any except lasagna
- Canned vegetables and fruit
- Granola bars
- Juice boxes
January 18th and 25th
February 15th and 22nd
March 15th, 22nd and 29th
April 19th and 26th
May 17th, 24th and 31st
June 21st and 28th
July 19th and 26th
August 16th, 23rd and 30th
September 20th and 27th
October 18th and 25th
November 15th, 22nd and 29th
December 20th (Christmas Party) and 27th